Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 69

Thread: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Only in the hearts of those who harbor such stereotypes. </div></div>

    In other words nearly every person who doesn't follow the sport closely? And many that do..........

    and in this case it would be significant anecdotal evidence to support their belief.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    I wouldnt mind to do a little jail time and pay a hefty fine if I got a chance to nail jeff gordon in the head with a beer can. That is the one driver I cannot stand and I think its quite funny that the fans reacted that way. As for the races being more exciting, you're crazy. I'd much rather watch an old recorded race from back in the day than to watch one live now. If I watch one anymore I watch about the first & last 10 laps. Its not exciting if you always have a close race. To me it gets boring if its the same thing every time. Back in the day if it ended up close it would make the hair stand up on the back of your neck because it didnt happen that often. Bad analagy but its kind of like carmel apples or cotton candy at the fair, they're awesome when you're at the fair but you probably wouldnt want them all the time.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  3. #33
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt mind to do a little jail time and pay a hefty fine if I got a chance to nail jeff gordon in the head with a beer can. </div></div>

    I wonder what he done to make you feel this way?

    If I had to guess I would say he either won to often, or he posted a pro-consolidation thread on the non-sports forum.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    Neither, I just think he's too cocky, stuck up, & gay. Of course I have no links to evidence to support any of this, its just my opinion.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aphrodite4evermore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither, I just think he's too cocky, stuck up, & gay. Of course I have no links to evidence to support any of this, its just my opinion. </div></div>

    All of the above are false according to everyone who has had direct contact with him. A friend of mine was assigned as his personal security one night. He said he (Gordon) was:

    1. The nicest person he had guarded in terms of how he interacted with him.

    2. Down to earth, acted like a regular guy.

    3. Was with 2 very attractive members of the opposite sex. Yes that's two! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

    Would you expect to go to a basketball game and get by with throwing a can of beer at Shaq? No, and you shouldn't expect to go to a race and get by with committing a felonious act either.

    My true and sincere opinion is that fans who act like those are no better nor any different than soccer hooligans. If events that occur on a race track are so important to you that they cause you to endangerous the life and safety of others then all I can say is you are in serious need of getting a life.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  6. #36
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    edited
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  7. #37
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aphrodite4evermore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Neither, I just think he's too cocky, stuck up, & gay. Of course I have no links to evidence to support any of this, its just my opinion. </div></div>

    Well he's not gay, that's just something people made up cause he was so good so fast. I find it hard to believe you think he's cocky, to me in his interviews he seems like the most humble person out there. If I had won that many races and people were throwing beer cans at me, I would stay out on the track and smoke my tires until they ran outta beer cans just to piss 'em off. Then when I was asked about it, I would be a straight up smart ass, I would prolly interview like Ricky Bobby.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    just admit it, you don't like Jeff because he won so much so fast. This coming from a Tony Stewart fan; Jeff is a great driver. Not my favorite driver out there but I will give him his due. Those who throw "junk" onto the track should not call themselves fans of the sport. They can ban them form buying tickets but they can still get ticktes so they should ban them from the porperty.
    ban these people (not fans) from the tracks and make a criminal offense (not that they can card everyone coming into the track, I know) for them to be at the track.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    It has gotten out of hand unfortunately. I remember as a kid going to Bristol and people throwing fried chicken, and beer back when it was just two cemented sides of bleachers at BIR as it was then. Most of those bums couldn't get it to the racing surface though they were so drunk. I don't agree with it, but to think it has just become a part of racing is not true either. Oddly enogh, you don't see that lunacy at Bristol anymore unless Jeff, or Kurt win and then it does get to the track.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #40
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gordon wins Talladega Moves Past Big E

    Looks like Harvicks chances just went down the tube today.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •